Thursday, January 21, 2010

Persuit of 'Happy'ness

Yesterday I attended Vivekananda study circle discussion. One of our nice friends suggested us to attend this discussion and we stepped in there..

The usual thing they do is, they read some part of the book by swami vivekananda and after that they start questions and answers.

Yesterday, a person read the talk delivered by vivekananda in Colambo on Vedanta. Though it was a bit new topic for me, the language of the talk is very simple that common man could also understand.

Then the discussion somehow went to the Jnani peson and what exactly the Jnana is.

Really, what is actually 'Jnana'? When can one say that the person is 'Jnani'??
The theory is very simple..just try to ask WHY for anything.. for example.. why I am doing this ? it could be anything,study, job etc etc.
why? lets say i will get a good job after studying. Then why do u want a good job anyways?- so that I can earn a good money. why do u want to earn good money?- so that i can get all the facilities at my home and my parents will be happy. But why do u want to see your parents happy?- because if they are happy, then I also will become happy.

So whats the ultimate conclusion?? Whatever I am doing just now, it is only to make MYSELF happy..
Isn't it??

Ultimately, in turns, everybody is in search of happiness, unconditional happiness. ('unconditional' is used because there is no limit on the happiness.. nobody says that I only want to be this much happy. I dont bother if I get happiness beyound that..its not like that).

So, in short : I AM SEARCHING FOR UNCONDITIONAL HAPPINESS.

Now, as I am searching for something, that thing either exists or does not exist at all.
Similarly, we can set two hypothesis (look, statistics is also a part of spiritual matters :o )
hypothesis 1: real, unconditional happiness exists and it is with me only.

hypothesis 2: there does not exist a thing like real, unconditional happiness.

If we take 2nd hyp. as correct, then why I am searching for a thing that even doen't exist at all??
This proves that 1st hyp. is true. Isn't it?

Now moving on, if unconditional happiness exists, then it must be with us. (Since it is unconditional, it dosnt hv any constraints like in so and so situation only u will find it). So it is with us every now and then, in every moment.. It is just because of our ignorance we are not able to find the thing which we have with us. thats why we keep searching for it everywhere else and forget that it is with us.

So, the person who knows that real happyness lies within us and not anywhere else, should be called as 'Jnani' and this knowledge is called as 'Jnana'.

Isn't it simply amazing??

1 comment:

  1. :) yes it is amazing dear..but thing is one should be able essence of it.
    By the by, feels cool to see statistical proofs in philosophy :P..and ya that proof has a catch in it..;) u see..:P

    ReplyDelete